Training and Research Foundation is a non-profit Head Start organization that serves low-income preschool children and families by providing comprehensive child development and school readiness services including education, health, nutrition, and mental health. For more than 50 years, TRF has been committed to improving the lives of children in the Inglewood, Lennox, Hawthorne, and West Los Angeles areas. As a part of this commitment, is the long range program goal to prepare children to succeed in school and life.
Click on the Head Start logo to access the 2014-2015 Annual Report.
What Parents Say
- “TRF has made a huge difference in our lives through the past year. My child has made many improvements because of the program. The teachers and home visitor have been so helpful and kind. Our family life engagement partner, has gone above and beyond what her job requires of her. TRF THANK YOU for everything!
- “I love TRF! It has done so much for our family and for my daughter.”
- “TRF is one of the best things that has happened to our family! Since our son was enrolled in the school that is all he talks about.”
- “I can’t wait for my youngest daughter to begin at TRF, they have been such a HUGE help. I always feel welcomed when I go to visit. I wish everyone could get into TRF!
- “I cannot say enough good things about TRF and the teachers my daughter has had over the last two years. My daughter has made so much progress in her interactions with other kids, and she actually looks forward to going each day cause she thinks her teachers are ‘cool’.”
- “TRF is a WONDERFUL program. My son loves TRF. He has made a lot of friends and as a parent, I appreciate everything Head Start does for us!”
- “As a father in the program I have found the experience extremely beneficial. With being on Policy Council I have learned so much. It has helped me be a better parent and to connect with my son. If it were not for TRF and Policy Council I don’t know what I would do.”